Monday 21 February 2011

Bad Backs and Bouncing Babies

I've been suffering from back ache for a while. I blame it on the lugging of heavy suitcases up and down stairs for guests.

Fortunately for me, I'm married to a yoga teacher, and he has shown me a good yoga position for bad backs, so I've spent many a time recently kneeling down, leant forward with my head touching the floor. It works really well. Although I wouldn't recommend doing it at work, as you do get funny looks from visitors. Someone thought I was Muslim and was praying to Mecca.


On a happier note, we had an exciting day last Tuesday. We have a family staying with us - the Orlov family, from Russia - Mr and Mrs Orlov, and their four children. One of my work colleagues came rushing down to inform us that Mrs Orlov was about to give birth. Really? We didn't even know she was pregnant. She certainly hid it well.

So, we dashed up the stairs, and by the time we reached their room, Mrs Orlov had already given birth. To twins. All the other children were fussing over them, but Mr Orlov was nowhere to be seen. We eventually found him outside, at the pool bar, having a beer and a cigarette. He said that Mrs Orlov always gets cranky after having a baby, so he's got into the habit of staying out of her way for a few days. so, we graciously found him a single room to stay in until it was safe to move back in with her.

That's about it. It's half term now, so we have more guests, so hopefully I'll have some more tales for you soon.

2 comments:

  1. She ALWAYS gets cranky?! Good grief, how many does she HAVE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brings the total to eight. Four are with her, the two new twins, and the two oldest ones who have moved away.
    She must be a Roman Catholic. :)

    ReplyDelete