Wednesday 29 December 2010

The Lurgi

It's been an emotional week this week.

The hotel has been very busy. It always is at this time of year. But we're doing a special promotion of children staying free. This means we have a large number of screaming children all over the place, touching things they shouldn't touch, and generally getting underfoot.

All the staff are suffering from The Lurgi. Everyone is coughing and sneezing. It's very hard to be polite to people when you can hardly breathe. I've been very fortunate so far, and I haven't caught it. A Blackcurrant Lemsip for breakfast seems to be keeping it at bay.

We also had some bad news today. Mr Pepe, one of our regulars, a sweet old man who was in showbusiness, was found dead in his room this morning. He had suffered from an enlarged heart for a while, and had difficulty walking. He was a favourite among the staff, and will be missed. :(

I must now prepare myself for the New Year. Not necessarily the celebrations, but my hungover work colleagues the morning after. Ho hum.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Drake! Sorry matey, I'm checking in late! Sad to hear of Mr. Pepe, I had a few drinks with the old boy one night; he knew a lot of famous folk and a lot of interesting secrets! He really should have written a tell-all autobiography. Anyway, off to my sea view, see you at breakfast! Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your condolenses, Mr Roth. Mr Pepe will be missed by all.
    Do you still require your Daily Spy News delivered to your room at 7am?

    ReplyDelete